Monday, January 9, 2017

Saving Money on a Concert - Another Success

Another year, another Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert that I attended on the cheap!

You can see my previous story here.  This year, I rode to the concert with a friend of mine who already had tickets for himself and his son.  We planned to get there about 20-25 minutes early, but for whatever reason, traffic was horrible.  He wasn't even to the parking garage until 2 minutes after the concert was supposed to start.  I hopped out, and quickly made my way over to where I bought the previous years' ticket.  Since at this point was almost 5 minutes after showtime start, they didn't even balk at my offer of $30.  Like last time, as soon as I showed him the $30 cash, I was golden. He pointed out some things on the ticket, took my $30, and handed me the ticket.  I was probably one of his last possible customers, and he'd rather have $30 than $0.  If I'd wanted to wait longer, I might have gotten the ticket for even less.  I missed the first song, stood and watched the 2nd song, and had a seat for the 3rd song.

I paid $30 for a ticket whose face value, including fees, was $95.75.  I saved $65.75, or right at 69%.



Having carpooled down with people who already had tickets, you might have wondered what I would have done if I was unable to buy a ticket for $30.  Within walking distance is a pinball/duck pin bowling bar I had been meaning to visit, and I would have hung out there until the concert was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment