Saturday, January 25, 2014

Want to pay less for cable? Try asking.

When we moved into our house several years ago, we called and ordered WOW! cable and internet.  They gave us a great introductory rate, good for one year.  When the year was up, my bill went back up to the non-discounted rate.  I took 10 minutes to call them, and lo and behold, they dropped the rate back down to the discounted rate.  The discount expires every year, and I have to call back every year to re-request the discount, but they always give it to me.  I've saved $12.50 per month for 7 years.  Long story short, I have saved $1,050 in 7 years, just by asking.  Of course, it goes without saying that you should be very, very polite.  Please and thank you.

No guarantees this will work for your cable provider, or phone company, or whoever else is asking for your money.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  The worst they can say is no!

No comments:

Post a Comment